Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rylie's Wonderful Wallaby is Finished!

 
 
 I have had such trouble with this sweater and I blame it on the yarn. I will not be using cotton yarn again for this type of sweater. I have ripped this out so many times finally just starting all over in January. The Knitpicks Shine Worsted Yarn is incredibly soft but shows every mistake especially in the joins. I did learn how to avoid jogs in the striping and I really improved my kitchener sticher stitch joining at the hood. I really love this pattern but the yarn just wasn't loving it. I made Evan's Wallably in the same yarn but in a sport weight. Rylie's is a size 12 and maybe the larger size was just too ambitious. Anyway, it is done and looks good on Rylie. It fits her! I am off to knit with anything wool for my next project.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joanie said...

I'm glad I read that about the yarn... I was thinking of doing a summer sweater out of it. Maybe I should reconsider?