Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Knitted a Bowl!

 
 I have never felted anything and of course had to try it to see what all the felting talk was about. I knitted a bowl using a free online pattern with two skeins of Noro Kuryeon double stranded. I dunked it into a bucket of hot water and agitated with my hands for about 10 minutes. I came out limp droopy and I could still see every stitch. My friends at Ravelry gave me a hint. It takes a lot more that just agitating with your hands. Soooooooo off to Walmart to get a plunger. Yes a plunger and a big bucket. I filled it with hot water, enlisted the help of my granddaughter and we plunged and dunked and really felted the heck out of the thing. It worked! I put it over a bowl to shape and into the dryer on a rack it went. I'm kind of proud of it actually. It will hold yarn and other knitting things. Rylie was quite happy to help and we had a grand ole time. Now, I think I am ready to do a purse!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: