Friday, October 20, 2006

Socks and Cable Afghan Finished!

The socks were knit on #1 double point bamboo knitting needles. I used Patons sock yarn. The pattern was free from the Patons site. It took about a 50gm ball per sock. I plan to try self striping yarn next time.








The cable afghan started out as a poncho. The pattern was an Aran pattern from the Canadian Living Website. I finished the two piece poncho and found it was too big and way too warm to wear. I ended up joining the two pieces and it became an afghan for the couch.


If you happen to notice a problem with a couple of the cable twists, then you are indeed right. I must say that the Amish tradition of intentionally placing a mistake in all of their works to remind them to remain humble before the Lord could apply here, (if it were true). I like this explanation. I just wish I had done it intentionally. Just another whoops unfortunately.


It still makes a great warm afghan. Rylie would call it Mamaw's happy little accident!

No comments: